If you've ever listened to a Radiothon edition of the show, you know we don't play nearly as much music as we do during the remainder of the year. Today, we mostly limited the songs we played to selections from some of the fabulous recordings we have available as thank you gifts. To that end, we'd like to again thank the wonderful music labels who've supported our Radiothon efforts once again this year: Compass Records; Crossroads Music (Pisgah Ridge/Mountain Home); Mountain Fever Records; Patuxent Music; and Rebel Records.
We'd also like to thank our terrific phone operators who always volunteer to help out for Radiothon: my mother, Eleanor Orlomoski; and good CT Bluegrass supporters and friends, Clyde Proch and Scott Farrar. Also on hand to help out today were James Ward, and his mom, Cathy Ward, who bring you "Bluegrass Rules" at WHUS on Thursday evenings, 7-8PM. Be sure to support them this week during Radiothon, too, won't you?
If you weren't able to listen to the show today and/or make a pledge, you'll have another chance next Sunday, April 21st. Remember, too, that any pledge of any dollar amount to Bluegrass Cafe will get you a chance to win our Bonus Book Drawing this year. The big prize this year includes two wonderful photo books: Harry Horenstein's Honky Tonk: Portraits Of Country Music, 1972-1981 and Bluegrass Time: A Musician's Photographs Of The Early Days Of Bluegrass Festivals by Phil Zimmerman. We'll conduct our drawing at the conclusion of Radiothon next Sunday afternoon, so there's still time for you to make a pledge and have a chance to win these great books.
We say it often, but only because it's true: your support of WHUS -- and especially of Bluegrass Cafe -- is very much appreciated! We'll keep on bringing you great Bluegrass music as long as we're allowed to do so at WHUS. Thanks!!!
See you next week -
Amy (& Jim)
- Old Horse And Buggy / Jerry Correll / Close King / Mountain Roads Recordings
- If I Lose / Scott Brannon / Your Old Standby / Patuxent Music
- I'm Blue / Flatt Lonesome / Flatt Lonesome / Pisgah Ridge
- I Am Weary, Let Me Rest / Eddie & Martha Adcock with Tom Gray / Many A Mile / Patuxent Music
- Matterhorn / Eddie & Martha Adcock with Tom Gray / Many A Mile / Patuxent Music
- They Called It Music / Gibson Brothers / They Called It Music / Compass Records
- The Darker The Night, The Better I See / Gibson Brothers / They Called It Music / Compass Records
- Margie / Danny Paisley & the Southern Grass / Road Into Town / Patuxent Music
- Dixie Road / Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver / Roads Well Traveled / Mountain Home
- Bluegrass Breakdown / Frank Wakefield / A Tribute To Bill Monroe / Patuxent Music
- Rawhide / Frank Wakefield / A Tribute To Bill Monroe / Patuxent Music
- Osborne Brothers Medley / Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers / They're Playing My Song / Rebel
- Final Farewell / Chris Jones & the Night Drivers / Lost Souls & Free Spirits / Rebel
- The Story Of The Day That I Died / Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice / The Story Of The Day That I Died / Rebel
- Memories / Spinney Brothers / Memories / Mountain Fever Records
- Grandpa's Way Of Life / Spinney Brothers / No Borders / Mountain Fever Records
- Louisville Woman / Spinney Brothers / No Borders / Mountain Fever Records
- Long Black Jacket / Akira Otsuka / First Tear / Patuxent Music
- Son Of Hickory Holler's Tramp / Volume Five / Run / Mountain Fever Records
- Lonely Ends Where Love Begins / Darin & Brooke Aldridge / Live At Red, White & Bluegrass / Mountain Home
- Rambler's Blues / Cumberland Gap Connection / Another Song / Mountain Fever Records
- Don't Fall In Love With A Girl Like That / The Boxcars / All In / Mountain Home
- Amandalyn / Merl Johnson / Better Man / Patuxent Music
- Give Me The Roses / Traver Hollow / Angels Rejoice / Strictly Country
- Living Water / Mountain Faith / Battlefield / Mountain Fever Records
- Home On The River / Gibson Brothers / They Called It Music / Compass Records