Well...it's over. Hooray! Thanks so much to all of you who made a pledge to BG Cafe (and, of course to WHUS) over the course of the two weeks of Radiothon! It's always great to hear from listeners, and there's no other time of year where we really can get some sort of "snapshot" of where our listeners might be. This year, we heard from 60+ listeners who called from 7 states -- thanks! Our two-week show goal set by WHUS was $3,000 -- a pretty ambitious amount in what is still a pretty lousy economy. I'm delighted to tell you, though, that through your generosity, we not only MET that $3,000 goal but we even SURPASSED it by a little bit. Wow!
Jim and I thought we'd add a little more "fun" to Radiothon this year by offering a drawing at the end of our two weekends. The "Bluegrass Bonus Book Bonanza" allowed each person who made a pledge during the two weeks an equal chance in a drawing for a brand-new copy of the Ralph Stanley autobiography called Man Of Constant Sorrow, as well as an autographed copy of the Tom T. Hall novel, What A Book! When it was all over, the winner turned out to be one of the biggest Stanley fans we know of in Connecticut -- none other than musician and promoter of the Firebox Sunday night Bluegrass shows, Nick Novia. Congratulations to him, and thanks again to all of you for your support!
Thanks, too, to all of the record labels and performers who donated CDs for us to use as premiums (or, "thank you gifts") during Radiothon. And thanks as well to our fine phone operators and helpers during Radiothon, including Clyde Proch & Scott Farrar, Jim's wife, Marti, my mother, Eleanor and niece, Caitlyn, and Cathy & James Ward.
Jim will join you on the air next Sunday. It wouldn't surprise me if you hear LOTS of music and a lot less yapping. Join him!
ALL OF THE TUNES PLAYED ON THIS SHOW WERE TAKEN FROM CDs THAT WERE AVAILABLE AS RADIOTHON PREMIUMS.
- The Riverhead Polka / Buddy Merriam / Back Roads Mandolin / Lily Pad Records
- Rutland's Reel / Patrick McAvinue / Rutland's Reel / Patuxent Music
- The Game (I Can't Win) / Lonesome River Band / Old Country Town / Sugar Hill
- Them Blues / Lonesome River Band / No Turning Back / Rural Rhythm
- Roll On Buddy, Roll On / Sam Bush with Del McCoury / Circles Around Me / Sugar Hill
- Hard Rock Mountain Prison ('Til I Die) / Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out / Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out / Rural Rhythm
- Banjo Riff / Jessie Baker / Yessir! / Patuxent Music
- Don't Act / Rhonda Vincent / All American Bluegrass Girl / Rounder
- Don't Let Your Sweet Love Die / Lost & Found / Love, Lost & Found / Rebel
- Pass Me By / Nothin' Fancy / Album #7 / Pinecastle
- Amanda Lynn / Lou Reid & Carolina / My Own Set Of Rules / Rural Rhythm
- Seven Or Eleven / Patuxent Partners / Seven Or Eleven / Patuxent Music
- Picture In The Moonlight / Gibson Brothers / Spread Your Wings / Hay Holler
- God Bless Her, 'Cause She Is My Mother / Gibson Brothers / Long Forgotten Dream / Hay Holler
- Maybe You Will Change Your Mind / Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road / Carolina Road / Blue Circle
- Lickity Split / Chris Warner / Goin' To The Dance / Patuxent Music
- Ain'ta Bump In The Road / James Reams & the Barnstormers / Troubled Times / Mountain Redbird
- I'm Lonesome Without You / Balsam Range / Last Train To Kitty Hawk / Mountain Home
- I've Lost You / Big Country Bluegrass / Open For Business / Mountain Roads Recordings
- A Broken Heart Keeps Beatin' / Adam Steffey / One More For The Road / Sugar Hill
- Helping Hand / Johnny Williams / Last Day At Galax / Mountain Roads Recordings
- What Will You Say / Snyder Family Band / Comin' On Strong / Mountain Roads Recordings
- Take A Moment And Live / Barry Scott & Second Wind / In God's Time / Rebel
- Carry It Back To The Cross / Mickey Galyean / Born Into Bluegrass : The Songs Of Cullen Galyean / Mountain Roads Recordings
- Light On My Feet And Ready To Fly / Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver / Light On My Feet, Ready To Fly / Horizon
- Wabash Cannonball / Bristol Boys / All Aboard With The Bristol Boys / Self-Produced
- House Down The Block / Kenny & Amanda Smith / House Down The Block / Rebel
- Living Water / Brand New Strings / No Strings Attached / Rural Rhythm
- John In The Jordan / Jerry Salley with the Oak Ridge Boys / New Songs, Old Friends / Mountain Home