Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Eve on the ol' radio....

As Jim mentioned in his last post, I get to host both BG Cafe and Jim & Marti's Red Rooster Party this Sunday, December 24th. Honestly, I'm not sure at this point if the music I play will be 100% Christmas -- we may "escape" back to the "regular" BG and country tunes every now and then. I can tell you, though, that for RRP from 2-4PM, you'll be hearing Christmas selections from the likes of Gene Autry, Tex Ritter, Ernest Tubb, Eddy Arnold, Hank Snow, the Louvin Brothers, Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Riders In The Sky, Loretta Lynn, the Statler Brothers, and, of course, Buck Owens, among others.

As far as BG Christmas music goes, well....there's a whole lot of it. When I hosted a BG radio show at WECS in 1988 (can it really be that long ago?), when it got to be Christmastime, there was exactly one album available to me from which I could play BG Christmas tunes. Today, there are dozens of CDs filled with Christmas music from all kinds of BG performers. If you have a particular favorite you might like to hear, feel free to send along an email to bgcaferequests@yahoo.com.

If you're so inclined, please join me on Sunday from 2-7PM, or anytime in between. Remember, you can listen to the show at 91.7 on your FM dial (in southern New England), or listen online from anywhere at www.WHUS.org.

Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes for good health and happiness in 2007!

Amy

No comments: