Monday, May 15, 2017

"Bluegrass Cafe" playlist - 5/14/2017

My mother, Eleanor Orlomoski, with her somber children,
c. 1973.




On this second Sunday of May, we put the focus on Bluegrass songs about mother -- of which there are PLENTY.  Hope all of the mothers in our listening audience had a most pleasant and relaxing Mother's Day!

For the next two Sundays in May, we hope to have Cathy Bumgarner Day back on the WHUS airwaves for you.  Please be sure to join her, and I'll be back with you when the calendar turns to June.

Enjoy the week!

Amy O.










SONG / PERFORMER / ALBUM / LABEL

  • Katy Hill / Del McCoury Band / RockyGrass / Blue Planet
  • I Don't Believe You've Met My Baby / Louvin Brothers / Live At New River Ranch / Copper Creek
  • Another Day / McCoury Brothers / The McCoury Brothers / Rounder
  • Think Of What You've Done / Hot Rize / Take It Home / Sugar Hill
  • Down In Caroline / Front Range / RockyGrass / Blue Planet
  • God Bless Her ('Cause She Is My Mother) / Louvin Brothers / Live At New River Ranch / Copper Creek
  • Mother, Queen Of My Heart / Lonesome Standard Time / Mother, Queen Of My Heart / Sugar Hill
  • Mother Knows Best / Jesse Brock / Kickin' Grass / Pinecastle
  • Hand That Rocks The Cradle / Gary Ferguson / I'm Really Leaving / Webco
  • Mama's Rocking Chair / Southern Rail / Glory Train / Pinecastle
  • Tennessee / Jimmy Martin & the Sunny Mountain Boys / Bean Blossom / MCA
  • My Old Kentucky Home / Dan Paisley & the Southern Grass / The Tradition Continues / Brandywine
  • Carolina Smokey Mountain Home / Special Consensus / Everything's Alright / Pinecastle
  • My Kentucky Dream / Paul Adkins & the Borderline Band / Reflections Of Love / Rebel
  • My Little Georgia Rose / Bill Monroe & His Blue Grass Boys / Anthology / MCA
  • Let 'Em Know I'm From Virginia / Big Country Bluegrass / Let Them Know I'm From Virginia / Rebel
  • Rocky Top / Osborne Brothers / High Lonesome / CMH
  • Sunflower / Junior Barber / Stone Bottom Boogie / Hay Holler
  • I Do / Feinberg Brothers / Feinberg Brothers / Cabinwood Music
  • Lookin' Out A Window / Tom Ewing / Adventures Of A Blue Grass Boy / Patuxent Music
  • Brown Hill / Travers Chandler / Archaic / Patuxent Music
  • Wild Mountain Flowers For Mary / Lost & Found / Classic Bluegrass / Rebel
  • Crowe Brothers / I've Got The Moon On My Side / Forty Years Old / Mountain Fever Records
  • I Know Whose Tears / Gibson Brothers / Ring The Bell / Compass Records
  • Her Mother's Eyes / Bear Bridge Band / Bear Essentials / Open Road
  • Memories Of Mother / Keith Whitley & Ricky Skaggs / Second Generation / Rebel
  • Listen To Me Mother / Springfield Exit / That Was Then / Patuxent Music
  • Dreaming Of Mother And Dad / Johnson Mountain Boys / The Johnson Mountain Boys / Rounder
  • Thank God For A Mama / Lonesome River Band / Mother, Queen Of My Heart / Sugar Hill
  • Momma's Apron Strings / Larry Sparks / Almost Home / Rounder
  • Use A Napkin (Not Your Mom) / Kathy Kallick / Mother, Queen Of My Heart / Sugar Hill
  • Mama's Hand / Lynn Morris Band / Mama's Hand / Rounder
  • Every Day Is Mother's Day To Me / Allerton & Alton / Black, White, And Bluegrass / Bear Family
  • Mama's Opry / Chris Brashear / Heart Of The Country / Dog Boy Records
  • Mama Don't Allow / Karl Shiflett & Big Country Show / Take Me Back / Pinecastle
  • Is The Grass Any Bluer (On The Other Side) / Rhonda Vincent & the Rage / In Concert, Volume One--All The Rage / Upper Management Music
  • Windy Mountain / Tim O'Brien / Where There River Meets The Road / Howdy Skies
  • Just Ain't / Earls Of Leicester / Rattle & Roar / Rounder
  • My Smokey Mountain Rose / Crowe & McLaughlin / Going Back / Rounder
  • Living The Dream / Spinney Brothers / Living The Dream / Mountain Fever Records
  • Every Day Is Mother's Day / Larry Stephenson / Thankful / Pinecastle
  • Mother Prays Loud In Her Sleep / David Peterson / Old Time Power / Self-Produced
  • Shake Hands With Mother / Laurel Canyon Ramblers / Mother, Queen Of My Heart / Sugar Hill
  • If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again / Fred Pike, Sam Tidwell & the Kennebec Valley Boys / The Last Log Drive / Revonah
  • I Saw Mother With God Last Night / Bluegrass Patriots / Kneel At The Cross / Red Feather
  • Give Mother My Crown / Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs / Foggy Mountain Gospel / Columbia
  • I Heard My Mother Call My Name In Prayer / Bear Bridge Band / One More Ride / Open Road
  • Black Mountain Blues / Johnson Mountain Boys / Requests / Rounder

No comments: