Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Playlist - 3/6/2016

Hi Folks.

Sunday was not a good day for music, but if you liked listening to a quasi-professional college basketball team pound some other college team more interested in academics by 50 points, then you would have really enjoyed the programming.

For me, I enjoyed what time remained after the game to put something really good on the airwaves. 

We introduced new music from The Rice Menzone Alliance.  That's Wyatt Rice and New England's own Dan Menzone on a new record released by the Mountain Fever folks.  You can expect much more from this fine album in the coming months.



We also introduced new music from Circa Blue, and a new gospel recording from Kentucky group Turning Ground. We interviewed banjo picker Mike Daniels with Turning Ground a while back, and their new album is excellent.

The sports preemptions are heavy this time of year, and we are not real sure we will have a show next week, but if we do, Amy will bring it to you.  Check out our page on Facebook for more up-to-date information.

Jim Beaver


Artist / Song / Album / Label

  • Mac Wiseman / My Little Home in Tennessee / Bluegrass Hits And Heartsongs / Rebel
  • Ralph Stanley w. Patty Mitchell / Little Willie / Clinch Mountain Sweethearts / Rebel
  • The Tuttles & AJ Lee / My Window Faces the South  / Endless Ocean / Back Studio
  • The Tuttles & AJ Lee / Alabam / Endless Ocean / Back Studio
  • Donna Ulisse / Showin' my Roots / Showin' My Roots / Hadley Music Group
  • Donna Ulisse / One Way Rider / Showin' My Roots / Hadley Music Group
  • Donna Ulisse / Take This Hammer (feat. Sam Bush) / Showin' My Roots / Hadley Music Group
  • The Johnson Mountain Boys / The Nights Are So Long / Walls Of Time / Rounder
  • The Rice Menzone Alliance / Cutting the Chords / Something Out of the Blue / Mountain Fever 
  • Circa Blue / Carolina Dust / Once Upon A Time / Orange Blossom 
  • Kathy Kallick Band / I'll Forgive You / Foxhounds / Live Oak Records
  • Turning Ground / Lay Your Burdens Down / It Is Finished / Self-released
  • Laurie Lewis & Kathy Kallick / Happy I’ll Be / Laurie & Kathy Sing Songs of Vern & Ray / Spruce and Maple 
  • The Lonesome Pine Fiddlers / Will I Meet My Mother in Heaven / Windy Mountain / Bear Family
  • Bill Monroe and His Blue Grass Boys / I Hear A Sweet Voice Calling / The Essential Bill Monroe and His Blue Grass Boys / Columbia
  • Jimmy Martin / What Would You Give In Exchange? / You Don't Know My Mind / Rounder
  • David Peterson / There is Power in the Blood / Old Time Power / Self-Produced
  • Paul Williams And The Victory Trio / You've Got To Keep Walking / Going To Stay In The Old-Time Way / Rebel
  • Flatt & Scruggs / Let the Church Roll On / Foggy Mountain Gospel / Columbia Legacy
  • Turning Ground / John The Revelator / It Is Finished / Self-released
  • The Johnson Mountain Boys / I Want To Live Like Christ My Saviour / Walls Of Time / Rounder
  • Fred Etheridge with Nick Anderson & Mark Doyle / Walking in a Dream / Pickin' And Singin' / Self-released

No comments: