I had the opportunity to fill in for a quick hour Wednesday evening, and decided it would be a shortened version of "Bluegrass Cafe" that I called "Bluegrass Snack Bar." Perhaps it will be "Bluegrass Diner" on the next short fill-in.
I played nearly all new music provided by many artists at the IBMA World of Bluegrass, plus a brand new CD from Marteka & William (Lake) from West Virginia -- teen siblings who are following in the musical footsteps of Lester & Earl. This young duo turned out to have a significant following, and their fans made numerous requests for more during the course of the hour which I happily obliged. Their CD and some earlier work can be ordered on their web site here.
Other new music came from Larry Stephenson Band, Lonesome River Band, Becky Buller, Gold Heart, Junior Sisk, Crowe Brothers, Darin and Brooke Aldridge, Joe Mullins, Hot Rize, Front Country, and others.
Check out the playlist below, and tune in Sunday when Amy will make the banjos and fiddles ring.
Requests in blue
- Marteka and William / Yonder Stands Little Maggie / The Sounds Of A Tradition / Self-released
- Marteka and William / Johnson Ridge Special / The Sounds Of A Tradition / Self-released
- Lonesome River Band / Bonnie Brown / Turn On a Dime / Mountain Home
- Becky Buller / Queen Of The Mountain Bootleggers / 'Tween Earth And Sky / Dark Shadow
- Nu-Blu / That's What Makes The Bluegrass Blue / All The Way / Rural Rhythm
- Gold Heart / Ain't That Crazy / Places I've Been / Self-released
- Jim and Lynna Woolsey / Wheel in His Hand / The Road That Brings You Home / Broken Record
- David Naiditch / Blackberry Blossom (feat. Pat Cloud) / Bluegrass Harmonica / Naiditch Productions
- Marteka and William / When The Angels Carry Me Home / The Sounds Of A Tradition / Self-released
- Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice / Gonna Make Her Mine / Trouble Follows Me / Rebel
- Tristan Scroggins / A Room Full Of Stumps / Disappointed Idealist / Self-released
- Crowe Brothers / Someday My Ship Will Sail / Forty Years Old / Mountain Fever
- Darin and Brooke Aldridge / Get Up John / Snapshots / Mountain Home
- Larry Sparks / Loving You Too Well (w. Ralph Stanley) / Lonesome And Then Some / Rebel
- Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers / Eat, Drink and Be Merry / Another Day From Life / Rebel
- Hot Rize / Glory In The Meeting House / When I'm Free / Ten In Hand
- Randal Morton & Terry Ferguson / Red Haired Boy / Twin Banjos / Self-released
- Marteka and William / John Henry / The Sounds Of A Tradition / Self-released
- Front Country / Long Ago, Far Away / Sake of the Sound / Front Country
- Larry Stephenson Band / Morningtime Always / Pull Your Savior In / Whysper Dream