This day's Bluegrass Cafe show was preempted for UCONN sports except for the last 35 minutes. I celebrated what would have been Doc Watson's 90th birthday by using the whole set for Doc's music.
We also introduced a new song from three of Doc's long time collaborators; Bryan Sutton, David Holt, and T. Michael Coleman; about Doc. The one track is available free on CD Baby, and the rest of the album is available for purchase.
Doc's influence and importance to acoustic, bluegrass, folk, and American roots music cannot be understated. The same is true of Doc's influence on guitar pickers. Doc changed the landscape permanently. This is personally true for me because it was my attendance at a Doc & Merle Watson concert that changed the course of my musical life.
Please tune in to Bluegrass Cafe next Sunday when we hope Amy will have a show without preemptions.
- Frosty Morn / Doc & Merle Watson / Remembering Merle / Sugar Hill
- The Legend of Tom Dooley / Doc Watson and David Holt / Legacy / High Windy
- Tom Dooley / Doc Watson and David Holt / Legacy / High Windy
- The Train That Carried My Girl From Town / Doc Watson / Good Deal! Doc Watson in Nashville / Vanguard
- Watson's Blues / Bill Monroe and Doc Watson / Live Duet Recordings 1963-1980 / Smithsonian Folkways
- The Wreck Of Old Number 9 / Doc & Merle Watson / Ballads From Deep Gap / Vanguard
- Sweet Heaven When I Die / Doc Watson / Riding The Midnight Train / Sugar Hill
- Sing Song Kitty / Doc Watson / Songs For Little Pickers / Sugar Hill
- Medley: Tennessee Rag-Beaumont Rag / Chet Atkins, Doc Watson / Reflections / Sugar Hill
- George Gudger's Overalls / Arthel "Doc" Watson / Portrait / Sugar Hill
- Your Lone Journey / Doc Watson / My Dear Old Southern Home / Sugar Hill
- Hotel Wall / Bryan Sutton, David Holt, T. Michael Coleman / Ready For The Times / High Windy