Today's show included songs from a couple of folks celebrating birthdays this week in March: David Peterson on March 11th, Marshall Wilborn (with the Lynn Morris Band) on March 12th, and the late Bob Paisley on March 14th. There was also brand new music from the Special Consensus ("Scratch Gravel Road" is their latest recording on Compass Records to be released on March 27th), as well as newer tunes from projects by Carolina Road, the Missy Werner Band, Eddie & Martha Adcock with Tom Gray, Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, Heather Berry & Tony Mabe, and Dailey & Vincent.
|Rick (banjo) & Allan (guitar) with Gary Dalrymple (mandolin)|
paid an early morning visit to WHUS on May 8, 2010.
Of course, it should be mentioned that if you're interested in seeing the Spinneys perform live, you'll be able to see them at the Country Corner Coffee House in South Hadley Falls, MA on March 31st, and in Brandon, VT on April 1st. In August, the Spinneys will be performing even closer to our broadcasting area when they play for two days at the Podunk Bluegrass Festival in Norwich, CT. For more information on the Spinneys, and any or all of these appearances, visit them online: www.spinneybrothers.com.
|Some lucky listener/donor|
during Radiothon will have a copy
of this fine Monroe bio!
We hope you'll be sure to join us next week, and thanks for listening today.
SONG / ARTIST / ALBUM / LABEL
- Katy Hill / Del McCoury Band / RockyGrass / Blue Planet
- Black Pony / Lynn Morris Band / The Lynn Morris Band / Rounder
- Sunny Side Of The Mountain / Jimmy Martin & the Sunny Mountain Boys / High Lonesome / CMH
- Colleen Malone / Hot Rize / So Long Of A Journey / Sugar Hill
- The Train Song / Spinney Brothers / Memories / Mountain Fever Records
- Little Cabin Home On The Hill / Tony Rice / The Bill Monroe Collection / Rounder
- Lonely Ends Where Love Begins / Darin & Brooke Aldridge / So Much In Between / Mountain Home
- Nineteen Forty Ford / Acoustic Blue / Timeless / Self-Produced
- I Don't Know Why / Patuxent Partners / Seven Or Eleven / Patuxent Music
- A Light In The Window, Again / Carolina Road / Back To My Roots / Rural Rhythm
- Hold Whatcha Got / Joe Walsh with the Gibson Brothers / Sweet Loam / Skinny Elephant Records
- Cruel Love / Reno & Smiley / Early Years, 1951-1959 / Gusto
- Let It Go / Missy Werner Band / Three Kinds Of Lonesome / Self-Produced
- Old New Straitsville Moonshine Run / Special Consensus / Scratch Gravel Road / Compass Records
- Lying Ruby / Spinney Brothers / Memories / Mountain Fever Records
- Nightwalk / Eddie & Martha Adcock with Tom Gray / Many A Mile / Patuxent Music
- Old Kentucky Farmers / Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out / Prime Tyme / Rural Rhythm
- Chilly Winds / Spinney Brothers / Memories / Mountain Fever Records
- * Conversation with Rick Spinney of the Spinney Brothers *
- Old Roman Soldier / Spinney Brothers / Memories / Mountain Fever Records
- I Got A Letter / Bear Bridge Band / One More Ride / Open Road
- I Miss You Old Friend / Heather Berry & Tony Mabe / The Heather Berry & Tony Mabe Show / Mountain Fever Records
- Lord Lead Me On / Audie Blaylock & Redline / I'm Going Back To Old Kentucky / Rural Rhythm
- Living In The Kingdom Of God / Dailey & Vincent / The Gospel Side Of Dailey & Vincent / Cracker Barrel
- I'm Travelin' On And On / David Peterson & 1946 / David Peterson & 1946 / Self-Produced
- You Better Wake Up / Volume Five / Children Of The Mountain / Mountain Fever Records
- Sweeping Through The Gates / Bob Paisley & the Southern Grass / Forty Years Of Trouble / Strictly Country Records
- My Lord's Been A Walkin' / Spinney Brothers / Here At The Cross / Self-Produced
- Black Mountain Blues / Johnson Mountain Boys / Requests / Rounder